Thursday, October 2, 2008

Want a bite???

Just came back from my 2 day 1 night 'balik kampung' trip during Raya(Bentong, Pahang).... Nothing significant happened during the day as i studied all day long..... As for dinner, we ate at a simple chinese restaurant but for supper, my father took me to a very 'out of town' restaurant to meet his badminton buddies and they pre ordered 6 dishes in total which grossed me out but suprisingly super tasty!!!

Dish 1: Catfish with ginger and spring onions
This dish taste no different from odinary fish but the texture is much more tender

Dish 2: Stir fried bat with rice wine
I didnt know what meat was it cause it was minced and i just ate and ate and ate withouht knowing what meat was it until i asked my dad.....BLEUK!!!! Too late...But it was nice...

Dish 3: Frog with something...
Frog meat isnt that exotic and i kinda like frog meat so this aint a problem

Dish 4: TURTLE MEAT!!!
YUCKS!!! This dish was super super disgusting.... I cant make up what meat was it when i looked at it(gray meat with black skin)... I took 1 bite and that was it...... Eating turtle meat is exactly like eating a piece of pig fat which is just disgusting(the texture is just like solidified oil)!!!

Dish 5: Kampung Chicken with sesame and coconut shavings
No different then ordinary chicken

Dish 6: Wild boar fried with dried chilin(Kung Po style)
Not bad indeed, among all, this has to be my favourite...

I do not know what are the REAL name for the dishes cause it was ordered before me and dad arrived..... I know eating exotic animals is against the law but we Malaysians are not guilty until they are caught red handed......

No comments: